Type of the organization / person:
The Institute of Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy (INRNE) at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) was founded in 1972. The Institute's staff, consisting of approximately 320 people (150 of them are researchers), works in 16 research laboratories, 2 science-experiment bases, and 9 joint support departments.
Traditional for the Institute are the following scientific fields:
- Theory of elementary particles, string theory, core theory, solitonic interactions and quantum phenomena.
- Experimental particle physics and nuclear reactions, structure of atomic nuclei, cosmic rays and gamma-astrophysics in ultra-high energies;
- Physics of high energies;
- Reactions and their intersections with neutron interactions, physics of division;
- Reactor physics, nuclear energy, optimization and safety of nuclear reactors;
- Dosimetry and radiation safety;
- Equipment monitoring and control, radio-ecology;
- Radiochemistry, material analysis, development and production of radioactive preparations;
- Nuclear and neutron methods for material research, nuclear instrument production.
Key clients and/or partners
Research and development