Type of the organization / person:
NIMH-BAS is the chief executive of research and opperational activities in Meteorology, Agrometeorology and Hydrology in Bulgaria. These activities follow the standards and regulations of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). NIMH is the official representative of Bulgaria in the WMO.
Activities of NIMH
Monitoring, analysis, and forecast of atmospheric and hydrospheric processes;
- Study of spatial-temporal characteristics of climate and water resources;
- Study and forecasting of atmospheric and hydrospheric composition and its variations of natural and anthropogenic origin;
- Hydrometeorological Service for the territory of the country and the Black Sea of the state authorities, population and a wide range of users with specialized information;
- Protecting lives and property through timely prediction of hazardous and weather and flooding;
- Representation in the World Meteorological Organization;
- Provision of national and international data exchange in South Eastern Europe and the Middle East for the World Weather Watch (WWW).
Key clients and/or partners
Research and development